Thursday, February 25, 2010

Sketch Challenge - Birthday Candles

I needed a birthday card for a 6 year old. Though, I have some princess stuff, I didn't want to get all glittery last night (I really am not a girly girl!). So I looked at some items left on the desk - some punches and then remembered the current challenge at Cards & Things. Two in One = sweet deal!

Here's the Sketch Challenge:



Turn the sketch and you have my card layout. Go ahead turn your head to the right...


Two things: 1)I used BUTTONS again... see.. I knew I could get into the groove of using them. 2) I used the wing of the Two step bird punch for the candle flame.


Maybe tomorrow I will challenge myself NOT to use PUNCHES? ... Nah, I am going that far!

Ingredients- CS: Only Orange, Yo yo Yellow, Pacific Point, Celery, Whisper White; Ink: Real Red (sponged), Only Orange; real Red buttons, Crystal effects, 2 step bird punch, small oval, "Wishes" from Fundamental; dots from BS Textured plate, dimensionals for the flames

1 comment:

Krista said...

Hi Chera, you did a great job with the challenge ! Thanks for playing along !