Saturday, May 30, 2009

Grant One Wish

Education providers never fail to amaze me. My neighbor has grandchildren who attend the local elementary school, where my kids left not too many years ago. One of the second grade grandkids "end of school" assignment was to "GRANT ONE WISH".... so... you are in 2nd grade... tell me, besides playing kickball at recess, laughing when someone farts, how a boy in 2nd grade is going to complete this assignment... ???

When he and I talked about it, I asked what he thought, and he said,"I wish for my parents to win the powerball, then we get a bigger boat" - sure it made me laugh, and when I gained composure from wanting to tell him that I would like to steal that wish for myself, I realized... ONE WISH... that isn't alot, and you better make it count...

I walked away with many thoughts... he got back on the swingset, and started to sing some song that they sang at the spring concert. Kids... that is what they do in 2nd grade.

Grant One Wish?.... makes you think- does it?

So to honor the wish.. here are two simple, and yet colorful "WISH" cards



********************************************************
Stamps: Eastern Bloom
CS: Certainly Celery, Whisper white
Ink: Brillant Blue, Real Red, Certainly Celery, Only Orange
Orange ribbon, Blue brads, dimensionals




My one wish?.... I still do not know.

No comments: