Thursday, September 30, 2010

Glitzy Petals

I will admit, I am one of those people that doesn't ever pack until the last very minute, and then hope all the clothes that I want are clean and ready. This hasn't changed since I was a teenager... I recall the noises coming from the other side of the door when I was living at home, and its almost vacation time.



I usually remember everything.



I think as I get older I have some OCD that kicks in and then I pack, unpack, and repack... so in preparation for my weekend with my fiancee, I sat in the craft cave and got cards and boxes made for birthdays I have coming up - while the washer and dryer were in full force in the basement. HECK its Thursday, I do not leave until the butt crack of dawn tomorrow morning, what the hurry?



I have a lot of colors that I haven't broke the seal on the ink pads, {gasp} which just itches to be done, so I wanted to use them. The Color Throwdown again did it for me.. their challenge uses Pixiepetals from Etsy


Here is my take:





I had to use the glitter brads in the center of the flowers. It gave them some WOW that I thought they needed.

The flowers are from the Island Die for the Big Shot, as well as the leaves. I crumbled the spritzed CS once they were cut, waited for them to dry and then attached the brad. It was simple to put together. I used the Soft Suede textured CS for the base, giving me the clean look I wanted.

Ingredients: Stamp: Upsy Daisy; Ink: Red Riding Hood; CS: Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, Red riding Hood, Soft Suede; Others: Big Shot- Island die, Glitter brads
Thanks for stopping by!
Now I am off to get some things put together -
let the clothing decisions be made! .. and maybe even
PACKED!!

2 comments:

Broni said...

Just beautiful! I LOVE your flowers!! Thanks so much for playing along in the Color Throwdown!

LeAnne said...

Gorgeous---the glitter makes everything better! Thanks for playing with the CTD this week!