Tuesday, February 15, 2011

"CHOCOLATE COVERED FEBRUARY" EVENT

First I have to say, again, its been alot of fun! I mean its the type of fun you do not want to stop and go home because reality will set in ... is that going too far?   I got to hear from papercrafting pals from all over the place! I got to put my work in a few challenges and get some really awesome feed back. With over ___ comments left in the last 14 days, its been a pleasure to hang out with you guys! When I told the teens we had to draw names since I couldn't get the RANDOM.org to cut & paste into my post, they made a few faces... maybe because it was 6 am... but hey they didn't let me have my seafood dinner last night, so we all had to take one for the team, right? .. but I digress...

The winner of the blog candy is: 

                   DEBABOO

Please make sure you email me at greetingsbychera@yahoo.com - so I can get your physical address and send your goodies out to you. If I do not hear back from you by February 18, I will be drawing another name... seems fair right?

What I did for you was searched for tutorials online, since alot of my stuff is printed and binded and I do not have THAT many technology skills for PDF's on the blog...  I will mention if I used different sizes - OK? 

So let get started on the fun stuff ok... that is why you are here:

DAY 1:  GLITTER HEARTS
Two heart punches, two 1 3/8 square punches - scored at 5/8 & 7/8 (but if you candy is 'fatter' you will have to adjust). Glue in V shape. 

Here is a link with pictures: MeGa Stampin Studio


DAY 2: OWLs from Pillow Box
This uses the pillow box die for the Big shot. I used all sorts of punches, mainly circle punches. I used my scallop edge punch for his belly.

DAY 3: Tiny Treats
You can make these bags any size you want. My tiny version:  Cardstock: 2 1/2 x 2 1/2, score at 1/2 (all the way around to make a box bottom), Then your DSp or Cardstock for your main part of the bag is 6 1/2 x 3. Wrap about the box, using sticky strip, seal at the back. I used the scallop circle punch with the circle punch in the middle for the handles. You can decorate accordingly.

DAY 4: COOKIE BOX
This is from the lovely Natasha Zandbergen - HERE
Decorate accordingly.

DAY 5: CHINESE TAKE OUT BOX
This can be done two ways... with the Take Out Box die for the Big Shot(which I have and love)  or buy them premade... ok so maybe there is a tutorial for them out there... I am continuing to search for them...

DAY 6: COFFEE BEAN HOLDER
Here is template by Mary Brown. My dimensions are alittle different:
11 x 7 1/2 CARDSTOCK ; Score 11 side - 4 3/4, 6 1/4, Score 7 1/2 side - 2 3/4, 4 3/4. Cut the 4 largest rectangles out. I used the large oval punch for my window. Then inserted a piece of transparency sheet to cover opening of oval. Used the small oval, for the handle. I cut my sides down alittle, once I put it together by about 1 inch.


DAY 7: WINE NECK HOLDER
I didn't use any special template. I made this stuff for water bottles, so its just a measurement thing. I like the idea especially for teens - grab a drink & a gift card and its a present - and they will like it. Here is one I found HERE on Splitcoaststampers.

DAY 8: NUGGET TIN
Belly bands are another item that is left to your descretion. I like to stay under 2 inches for my bands. And then embellish the crap out of them. As for the nugget tins, you could just embellish them, without belly band.

DAY 9: TREAT CARD HOLDER
Simple - got it from Splitcoaststampers - HERE

DAY 10: TREAT BAG FAVORS
This one I have been using for so many years, I could do it in my head, however, my measurements could be off, so instead of that coming back to bit me...
I found you this HERE. If you know BEATE, she is great! Talk about talent.. wow!

DAY 11: PAPERBAG PURSE
Already told you this. You can find them on Becky Roberts blog- Inking Idaho 

DAY 13: TREAT HOLDER with flap
I have no idea if this exists anywhere but as a scrap that landed on my desk. This is what I drew up.  If you click it - it enlarge


WOW ! That should be 14 days of projects right there! It sure is a long one -looking back. Like I said, some of the items sit in a binder, for years. I would hate to confess and tell you that I have been stamping for at least 20 years...am I really that old, you say... 

I do recall when Stampin' Up! first came to market! Back then, they even had FOAM stamps, and it was all babysitting allowance could afford! Heck I still have it.. in my parent attic! {{YIKES!}}

Thank you for hang out with me! I now have to figure out if I remember how to make a card! ... JUST KIDDING!!

HUG the ones you love!
Have a great day!

1 comment:

meonlake said...

Thanks for all the deets about the projects. Keep up the great work!!
Marsha E