Thursday, September 8, 2011

Nations Tri

I had hoped I could say I was going to be a player in the Nations Tri that is this weekend in Washington DC, however, with the recent injuries I have been attempting to heal, I will only get to be a volunteer and a big cheerleader for my other half.  I am looking forward to the September 11 festivities as well.   It will be quite emotional for me - with remberance of all the lives that have been lost during the last 10 years... friends... classmates.. loved ones.  Heck, I get emotional during the star spangled banner any more... I know this will not be different! 


SSSC133

I have been attempting to make thank you cards for the unit in which my 1SGT served with during his first tour in 2002-2003. Some of those have registered for the Nations Tri, but some will just attend that Army Ten Miler, in any way, they will get a card from their 1SGT, saying Thank you!


 It was hard for me to make masculine thank you's that weren't too military like... since that was my orders! I was happy with the turn out. In mass production, I did change a few things up with them!


 The stars are crimped for texture. The "thanks so much" label is actually bowed out, if that makes sense. I didn't get to capture too much of the glittery stars in the flag. The white portion is textured with a weave embossing  folder. I stamped the Flag in grey and then used a silver glitter pen on the stars.  Simple once you find a layout that works. Thankfully I ran across the Sweet Sunday Challenge and it put it all together for me!

Thank you for stopping by!

Hug the ones you love!

Have a great day!

**Thank a service member when you can! **

2 comments:

Karen Giron said...

How sweet!! I love the crimped stars and the image is wonderful - love it!!

Basement Stamper said...

Wonderful card! It's definitely going to be a day of reflection...and I'm traveling for work that day (flying) so I'll be thinking about it in a different sense as well.