Monday, October 3, 2011

Big Journeys begin with a single step


"Big Journeys begin with a single step" ... this is what my Chinese fortune was recently. I laughed and then later figured I better keep hold to this - just incase, something BIG comes along...



Colour Q 104

Bloggers Challenge
jour•ney

[jur-nee] noun, plural -neys, verb, -neyed, -ney•ing.

noun

1. a traveling from one place to another, usually taking a rather long time; trip: a six-day journey across the desert.

2. a distance, course, or area traveled or suitable for traveling: a desert journey.

3. a period of travel: a week's journey.

4. passage or progress from one stage to another: the journey to success.



JOURNEY: Passage or Progress from one stage to another - journey to success...
In my full time corporate life, I deal with those that are gearing up for retirement, or attempting to move up the ladder in the corporate world..sounds like both sides of the coin - right? Yes, it really is but there is happy moments along the way.

So very fitting that a single step can make the big Journey happen!  RIGHT?

Well no matter where in the world your journey may take you  - I am here for you! ... see I did have a point here! 
I used two challenges: Bloggers Sketch Challenge & Colour Q Challenge -
I used the rickrack (olive) from the Tasteful Trim (BIG SHOT) on a crumbled strip (rose).  I spritzed the cardbase with Vanilla Smootch Spritz. Then punched a large circle (espresso) to layer on the scalloped circle (pool). I colored the Simply Soft  then used the Beautiful Wings (BIG SHOT) . I really love the way it came about!  I finished it by adding the tiny pearls on the butterfly.




Have a great day!
Hug the ones you love!
Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

Basement Stamper said...

Love this color combination and the stamped butterfly is beautiful!

Lisa Somerville said...

How pretty - fab use of the colors and sketch! Love the added floral on the butterfly! Thanks for playing along with the Bloggers Challenge!

Vicki Fraser said...

pretty patterns on your butterflies :)

Ida said...

Playing Comment Catch-up.

This is very pretty. I love the patterned butterflies. Great words to about: Life's Journey's.