Friday, November 18, 2011

Silly scarecrow

I may live in a rural area, but we never see too many scarecrows out. I know the old addage of "scaring the birds away from crops" but I have seen more faux owls out in gardens/ more than scarecrows. Further, why are they not out in the summer- but more fall? I mean, most of the crops are being harvested in the fall, which means they need protection in the summer? .... my thoughts...only my thoughts...

However, a few weekends ago I was at the World Championship Punkin Chunkin, in Delaware. This is nothing you could ever imagine! I mean seriously, you may "think" you know this but unless you experience it -its unimaginable!  We had a fantastic time!  While I was there  - there were actual SCARECROWS in the fields! I mean, this farmer allowed this event to occur on his property and he still had crops in areas in which were yet to be harvested.

Needless to say, it got me thinking... I can so punch that!!!! ... so I did




I cannot tell you how fun this was... I mean, the punches got to me after a while but in the end, I liked it.  There are circle punches, oval punches, 2 step bird, scraps cut out.. and that hair.. oh my gosh, I think it was more time involved than getting the punches right!




In the end I made two of them. They were fun. A huge hit at work, so now, its off to make caramel corn and a few more scarecrows to attach as tags. {{they are so spoiled!}}

Thanks for stopping by!
Hug the ones you love!

Have a great day!

Thanksgiving night, on Discovery Channel, the Punkin Chunkin will be on, hosted by Kari, Grant & Tori of Mythbusters!!.. Check it out! Its been great fun!

4 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

Simply Adorable!!!

Christina said...

Truly fabulous!!! :)

Basement Stamper said...

your scarecrows look fantastic! I love the punch details of it and the "straw" is super cool on it!

PocketsOfInspiration said...

This s precious.