Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Manly Birthday!

When I saw the Dynamic Duos challenge, I really thought two things - masculine birthday and fathers day... then I got creating I stuck with the birthday but thought... hmmmm with all this "Nirovirus" going around, instead I made a get well card.

First up is the birthday card. I used a technique in which you stamp your ink pad directly on the paper numerous times and many directions  (name escapes me)- I like the look and with some distressed edges - it comes together.


  

The bottom corner had two brads, that are kinda hiding, but I kept them.  The sentiment is from Full of Life.

 






The Get Well card that uses Really Retro, thats been retired for a while now. I like it though, keeps things simple! I used the Woodgrain impressions folder for the Big Shot, and added some twine under the Soft Suede cardstock.

 

Thanks for stopping by! 
Have a great day! 
Hug the ones you love!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Two very nice cards for this color challenge. Well done! Thank you for joining us at Dynamic Duos. ;-)

Unknown said...

Both of your cards are really nice. I thought masculine when I saw the colors too...but mine didn't end up that way. Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos this week.

Unknown said...

Both cards are wonderful, I love the distressed look on the first one, and the woodgrain is such a fantastic look for masculine cards. Glad you shared them with us this week at Dynamic Duos.