Monday, June 8, 2009

Coconut Tree

It was a luau themed 12 year old birthday party, and though many were donning lei's and hula skirts, it was my daughter who said "Mom, can you make a coconut tree." and this was 2 hours before party time. Not to panic, I got my punches out, the oval scallop and the oval and my circle punches and just made it happen.... probably because I have been thinking about this card for two days now. I popped the coconuts on dimensionals and crinkled the paper for the leaves.

Because I had only thought of the outside, and not much for the center, I allowed her to stamp the sentiments. I then remembered I could make a sun with a flower punch I had, which she really liked. She said "no" to any sand, or grass. And then I was like, we can make a lei for the envelope- but then she voted to put it in the center... to seperate the sentiment from her signature. So this was the inside (alittle crooked- but it works for her)


And then it was finished. We did stamp some flowers on the envelope, in bright colors to make the card and Luau them.

Thank you for looking!

*************************************
Stamps: Birthday to all
Punches: 1/2 circle punch, oval punch, scallop oval punch, flower trio punch
1/4 pearls

2 comments:

Erin Bigler said...

Your coconut tree is absolutely FANASTIC!!! What a clever idea...wish it was MY b-day party your daughter was going to!

helen said...

So creative!