Thursday, August 19, 2010

Box of Cards

.. first I have to tell you that when I got home from my FT job on Tuesday, the craft cave was CLEAN... totally cleaned up and organized in a manner that I was stunned.. and I burst out laughing saying.. "you read my blog today didn't you?".. quick to answer with a "if I got all this cleaned up - do you really think that I had to time to visit your site?".. I believed him, but did have to tell him about Tuesdays posting.. just for {{grins}}.

Ok, so I have to say, when you are limited for time, space and sometimes Mojo, you can stick to one format and it works well when you need to. .. Like I needed to produce a few sets of cards, with different sentiments - so like I said "limited space-limited time" I did this.
I used the new scalloped circle punch, with the circle punc and put some textured on it. Then I popped it up on dimensions (giving the look of a sunflower). Then I used the oval punch and cut off the ends to make petals for the greens. I crimped them and folded in half and then used a thin long rectangle and folded it in half. I twisted it so the fibers of the paper broke and then used it as a stem. The cards came together quickly and that simply was the point. I did two different direction cards, so there was variety, as well as sayings.
I used "You're on my mind", "Birthday Celebrations" & "Thank you for your Friendship" from Upsy Daisy; and "Friend. Good." from Smarty Pants.

Here is a close up - though you cannot really see the speckles that were rolled on the Expresso CS.

Ingredients: Upsy Daisy, Smarty Pants, Speckles (roller) Stamp sets; CS: Grey, Burgundy, Daffodil Delight, Old Olive, Espresso; Ink: Espresso, Daffodil, Black; Punches: Small oval, Large circle, large scalloped circle; Others: crimper, dimensionals

No comments: