The power of the Christmas stocking:
Christmas stocking tradition comes from Germany in the 16th century. German children would hang their socks by the fireplace to dry after washing them. On Christmas Eve, St. Nicholas would fill these stockings with five gifts designed to stimulate each of the five senses.
A typical stocking can be filled with:
- Something to eat -- fruit, or candy
- A toy or toys that make noise
- An item that is visually pleasing like jewelry, cuff links, or a coloring book
- An item with a good scent such as cologne or perfume
- Something soft (modeling clay or a soft toy, mittens, socks,)
- I do not have a fireplace, or even faux one.
- 1SGT is an Environment,Health & Safety professional
- See Number 2.
I do know that people celebrate the tradition of stocking differently, many may not even know why they put stockings out... How do you celebrate?
Thanks for stopping by!
Happy December 2!
Hug the ones you love!