Friday, July 24, 2009

Purple rain

Last night, we had some very severe storms in the area. I was a lucky one who got to start my drive home in some of it, then due to passing into another county, it lightened up alittle more, but when I got home, luckily, it just opened up and poured! It was so fast and heavy, the plants all got beat down, and I heard my squash plants screaming for it to stop. Hours later, it lightened up - no more thunder and lightning - then at midnight or so it must have stopped.

I got to hid out in my craft area, not only because I find the rain soothing but the quality of TV these days is frightening! I did manage a few hours in my latest book as well. I made 14 cards last night. I finished a swap I am to mail out today, and I gathered ideas for a shoebox swap on Tuesday night. Overall was a successful night. OH AND I did some cleaning up in the studio of the stamps and mainly paper laying around.


I haven't used purple in a lifetime, so I thought it was a place to start. I want simple. Since again some of these are going to the troops. Simplicity at its best.



Center of the card I just stamped a flower from Petal Pizazz that has the same shape as the small felt flower shown here.
*********************************

Stamps: Kind & Caring Thoughts, Petal Pizazz
CS: Very Vanilla, Black, Lavender, Urban DSP
Ink: Lavender
Others:Felt Flowers (2 sizes), rhinestone brad, pop up dot

1 comment:

Rene' Gillespie said...

love the purple and black!! Looks like it would be a great card for teen.