Thursday, February 18, 2010

Look after my heart

I left it with you.



As the end of the midtour leave arrived, I knew I had to continue with the tradition of putting little surprises in the bag in which my fiancee arrived home with. To do this, I had to be quick in getting it made, and I had to honestly be careful where I put them. Lets face it - I wanted him to find them but not until his journey outbound, and as a soldier who checks, and double checks his belongs before he leaves the house - let alone I didn't want the airport TSA to come across before he did, I cleverly tucked them in odd places that I knew SOMETIME during the next 6 months he would find.



The "Look after my heart, I left it with you" is a fantastic quote. It was the perfect sentiment for me to use. So I quickly put together this card for him.. masculine enough that he could read it in the airport or where he came across it.





Then I punched three large hearts out in Bermuda Bay and added "Take Care of me", "If I know what love is, it is because of you"; "My heart is ever at your service"- handwritten and tucked in multiple places.



Now I have to get alittle more mojo back in me and settle back in to card making. Thank you all for your kind words and prayers for my soldier boy as he deploys again.



Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Basement Stamper said...

What an adorable idea!!! I'm sure he's thinking as much about you as you are about him. Big hugs to you!

Susan said...

beautiful flowers