Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Chestnuts roasting

on an open fire....
Jack frost nipping at your nose. 
Yuletide carols being sung by a choir
Folks dressed up like eskimos...

I spent a day in New York City, Monday. Its an annual event (when hes home) the 1SGT and I do around this time of year. I want to see the city in lights, the big awesome tree and try something new from a restuarant I have see on the network somewhere. Usually its in the negatives temperature wise, which makes for lots of coffee, hot chocolate and longer visits in the shops. This year it was pleasantly warm, in the 40s. I didn't even have to put a hat on!!! 

When we were in NYC, I got some roasted chestnuts from a street vendor... DELICIOUS!!!! They were slightly warm & really yummy!!! I hated to share - but I did!

THIS is the closest thing I am having to a fireplace in my house. I did make it and put it in the family room for effect... so I could snuggle up on the sofa with a good smut book, fuzzy blanket, glass of wine and the 1SG and watch the flicker of the fire! {{wink wink}}

The template was from Creations by AR, I punched out the flames from the two step bird punch, and made logs from the Word Window punch. I tried my best to put a mirror on the top of the fireplace. Its decorated simply, since that is my version.

Thank you for stopping by!

Have a great day!

Hug the ones you love!





No comments: