Friday, October 24, 2008

Faux Watercolor

I wasn't sure how I would like this faux technique, and may have not done it per the directions, but lets just call it MY version.

I colored the Upsy Daisy with markers, spritzed it with water, stamped it out and then punched it with this enormous Marvy scallop punch that I borrowed from a friend.

I found this Rust paper in a bin, and used it with the Ruby Red textured card stock on the side. The 'thank you' was cut using the corner of the tag punch. Gave it alittle flare. Doesn't make it look like to cluttered but the straight cut wasn't doing anything for the card either.

I think this "watercolor technique" brings the looks of the card to another level. It was pretty easy to duplicate. I put together a set of these (with different sentiments) to be raffled off for a church gathering.


********************************************

Stamps: Upsy Daisy
CS: Ruby Red, Rust, White
Orange, Red, Yellow Green Markers
Water spritzer, brown ribbon
Marvy Scalloped Punch, tag punch (for sentiment tag)

No comments: